Lawyers for Clean Energy is a law firm in San Francisco, California, specializing in providing corporate, transactional, intellectual property, and regulatory counselling to companies in the solar, electric vehicle, energy efficiency, energy storage, and climate change arenas.
Representative engagements include:
- Represent public sector entity subject to California climate change program on preparation of multi-million dollar carbon credit transaction.
- Advise Silicon Valley municipality on leveraging state and utility incentives for renewable energy project.
- Represent electric vehicle technology company on intellectual property licensing transactions with multi-national counterparties, technology transfer from research institutions, and corporate governance.
- Represent solar, inverter, and demand response companies before California Public Utilities Commission.
- Represent electric vehicle company on intellectual property matters.
- Represent energy efficiency company on corporate governance and intellectual property matters.
- Advise carbon capture technology company on California climate change program.
- Advise international carbon offset developer on compliance with offset certification protocols.
Brian Orion is the firm’s founder and Managing Attorney. Mr. Orion serves as Strategic Advisor to the Smart Energy Enterprise Development Zone (SEEDZ) Initiative, a program of Joint Venture Silicon Valley. In 2009, Mr. Orion founded the UC Hastings Cleantech Roundtable, a day-long conference for engaging thought leaders from across the cleantech landscape on solving energy and climate change problems. He graduated, cum laude, from the University of California, Hastings College of the Law in 2005, where his academic record earned him selection to the Thurston Society and the law review.